OUR WORK IN THE COMMUNITY
- In 2013, Governor Chafee appointed Seth a Commissioner of the Narragansett Bay Commission. NBC runs the largest wastewater treatment facilities in RI and has won many awards for its impact on water quality in Narragansett Bay. They recently installed three 1.5 MW wind turbines at their headquarters in Providence to help offset their energy use.
- As a Commissioner, Seth helps the Capital Center Commission maintain the integrity of the built environment in the heart of Providence.
- Seth serves as a member of the Renewable Energy Coordinating Board’s technical advisory committee and has been an advisor in the RI Office of Energy Resources development of its State Energy Plan.
- Seth founded and co-chaired the RI Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Law Committee, bringing lawyers and others together to learn about, teach about and collaborate on current issues in energy and environmental law.
- As a Rhode Island Advisor for the Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) and a Trustee, Seth helped CLF serve as a leading advocate for New England’s environment. www.clf.org
- Seth served on the board of the Institute for the Study and Practice of Nonviolence (ISPN) and served as Secretary and as a member of the strategic planning and victim services committees. www.nonviolenceinstitute.org
- The Providence Preservation Society improves the quality of life in Providence through historic preservation and enhancing the built environment. Seth served on the board and its strategic planning, education and real estate committees. www.ppsri.org
- Seth chaired the Gamm Theater’s strategic planning committee strategic planning committee and was President of their board from 1998 through 2000.
- The Pawtucket Armory Association raised funding and renovated the armory to establish a new home for the Gamm Theatre, the new Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing and Visual Arts and a center for the arts and arts education. Seth founded the PAA and served as President of that board from 200 through 2007.
Please let us know how we can help care for our community!